View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] Stories etc

1. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Stories etc

Again, as this is about one of my characters but also one of Beans' people, they need to check it before it becomes canon, and as it's written from the point of view of a character, things aren't always objective.

Dreams and Nightmares - Part 3: That Sleep of Death...

Spoiler
    Show
    Nycca’s started writing a journal now. She doesn’t like to talk, so I suggested she might find it worked better for her, and judging by the fact that she's using the one I gave her, it seems like it does. Of course, spending her time hidden off upstairs writing has made her even more withdrawn. Sometimes it feels like whatever I do to try to help her, she turns it around somehow so that the consequences leave her worse off than she was before... Not that I think she's doing it because she has something against me or anything like that, but it does get frustrating.

And she's still shivering all the time, and not putting on any weight. I don't know why. She's been getting food, and the supplements and potions I've been giving her should have helped with the malnutrition by now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apparently, Nycca doesn't want to keep living; she's been giving her food to Lenia, and putting the blankets we give her back as soon as we aren't looking. The same with everything else.

I'm not angry with her, more... Sad, and frustrated that I can't seem to help her. I did sit with her for a while, though, which she seems to like. I don't know if she could be said to enjoy it, exactly, but she seems like she appreciates it, and it does seem to make her feel better for a bit.

She's also hooked up to an IV now, so that she'll at least be getting some sort of nutrition, and I can make sure that the potions I make are actually used. She doesn't like it, but what am I supposed to do? Let her starve herself? If she asked me for poison, I don't know what my answer would be at this point, but I won't let her die like that.

Her nightmares are still bad too, but Sherry's going to be sleeping next to her, and I'm working on figuring out the sympathies to help. I'd do the same thing Sherry is while I am - I don't think Nycca would mind - but there are just so many other things I have to do... Most nights I've ended up falling asleep over my work, or laying down on the couch to wait for my head to clear because I can't see straight, and then finding out in the morning that the minute or two it was supposed to be ended up with my passing out for a few hours.

Anyway, reviews of the things I've actually read:

Vesa:

It was interesting. I like being able to see Vesa from a different perspective, and getting a look at how she sees the world. I look forward to seeing more of how she got to Elexxion.

Kirlia: I have to agree with Orchestra on this one. The diary bits were interesting, but there was something off about the story itself.

NLD:

There were some typos that threw me, but overall, it was good. It certainly had an atmosphere very reminiscent of Fallout, which seems to have been the intent, given where Justin comes from.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-02 at 01:44 PM.