Ok guys. On a serious note, I got a PM from EE this morning which expressed his regret that he will, due to RL commitments for the next month or so, have to drop out of this game.
I have given him the option that Daranard will remain active as a semi-NPC run in turn by you guys (I do not want to use long standing DMPC's, especially party faces, as I sometimes tend to speak directly through them), which will allow him to post if/when he is able to.

He has expressed that due to these commitments he will not be checking the thread very often, if at all, so I told him we will use this solution for the time being and that is he wishes to carry on with Daranard, after being given a quick catch up, he can. Or failing that, I have told him that he is more than welcome to create a new character and rejoin from the point where he is able to follow the thread regularly and well have Daranard drift off into the sunset.

If any of you object, let me know, and I'll try to find another way of dealing with this.

I'd just like to take the time to say to EE, should he happen to check in at any time that you and your input will be greatly missed and I wish you all the best in your endeavours, and that I hope that you do return to us in the future .