1. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Doctor Who Thread III: Reverse the Polarity of the Neutron Flow

Last night I watched the 40th anniversary documentary on Doctor Who and they mentioned one thing I think is worth pointing out. Peter Davidson (Five) was apparently told point blank he was not allowed to put his arm over the shoulder of any female companion, that he was only allowed to touch male companions because people were so concerned about suggesting there was any hanky panky going on in the Tardis. I expect Troughton (Two) had a similar rule going on, because he (like Davidson) was so much younger than his predecessor. Which is pretty funny because, nowadays, the efforts they went to avoid suggesting romantic ties only serves to infer a whole different set. And also we now have Smith (Eleven) married with a pretty blatantly advertised physical element.

One other thing I found interesting:

In the second series of the show, they mention a scene where the crew is trying to escape with an injured caveman in tow. As the caveman is lying on the ground, the Doctor thoughtfully picks up a large rock and walks toward the caveman before getting intercepted by Ian. Has he ever attempted anything quite that ruthless since?
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-08-01 at 05:48 PM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.