Swan
As the first stroke is falling, the darkness of the void seems to boil out of Sawn, not hiding him as would be expected, no instead it seems to accentuate him and the mad gleam in his eyes.

The beamklave's strike slows, caught on the black presence, but Swan's parry is unhampered, catching the beam on his own sword for a second, before knocking it back.

The reply to the second swing is worse. The darkness that was boiling forth now erupts outward, and a shape forms in the darkness. A swan, neck and wings broken so bad that the bones clearly exit the skin, with gashes leaking terrible fluids. It's death-glazed eyes still turn though, wildly at first, then focusing on it's attacker.

The beamklave's light seems feeble, but it continues onward, only to be batted aside by Swan, who this time returns the slash, carving a great slice out of the thing's midsection.

The Third and final attack seems anticlimatic, as the deathknight steps around the almost glacial swing, to carve into the arm instead.

Spoiler
Show

First Defense:First Excellency(4)+ Durability of Oak Technique, raising my Lethal Soak to +11.
The First Excellency also raises my Anima to the +11 level, and thereby giving my opponent -1 external penalty to DV's(5wp to resist), as well as increasing by DV by 2.

(4d10)[2][7][7][1](17)+6 is my base DV against that attack. Keep in mind Hope Slaying Resillance is still active, though as an emotion effect it might not matter.

Second Attack: Elegant Flowing Deflection+ Vengeful Riposte+ First Excellency 2 . 7(ignore all penalties to dv)=DV

Attack: (14d10)[3][2][8][1][9][1][6][1][7][2][5][2][9][7](63)
Third Attack: Elegant Flowing Deflection+Vengeful Riposte
7(ignore all penalties to dv)=DV
Attack: (12d10)[7][8][4][1][4][10][5][8][3][3][3][2](58)

Three River's Falling:
Speed:4 |Acc: 12 | Damage: 8L/2 | Parry DV: 5 | Rate: 3

Essence:
Permanent: ●●●
Personal: Current 12(17) (5 commited)
Peripheral: Current 10(38) (Committed 7)