1. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Possible factions and cultures/races (looking for suggestions)

Without the establishment of 'Guilds' so to speak, and given a post-medieval/pre-age of exploration scenario, factions are going to relate to individual families of power/benefactors holding some organization/s, (each of which will want their hands in the market by some means) government facilities, (law, education, military), hidden societies (religious, outcast groups, high class secret society), merchants and patrons of the arts.

Each major 'vampire' I assume will be in political/courtly competition with one another, providing you an entirely separate division of factions with their own motives at the back end. From the common view, there is merely 3-5 (relative to the number of major vampire families/splits in the faction that exists) of every form of organization for whatever reason.

Since vampires are the backing for the organizations, it would be hard to suggest anything without knowing their intentions, as they would have had years and years of planning to set up an ideal system for themselves. Basically each organization should have two parts, a specific function in relation to the vampires, and a service for the public.

Some good marriages of functions will be accumulation of wealth and religion, suppression of information and law enforcement, gathering of artifacts/goods and taxation, eyes on the public and merchants, etc.

Beyond the vampire factions, I can't say I'd have any ideas until I know what won't be repetitive.
    Last edited by roguemetal; 2012-08-01 at 02:04 PM.