Quote Originally Posted by Rules Lawyer #1 View Post
I'm... a little bit confused about Turning and Enslavement. Let's say I start as a were-kin. I am happily going for a were-kin victory when I'm Turned by the Virulent. So, now I'm working for the Turned, but for some reason, I'm not going to tell them about everyone who is a were-kin because the Familiar *might* turn me back into a were-kin (of course, if I can tell them who the Familiar is...). Well... on the same night, I'm collared by The Forger, but for some reason I don't tell them about the Were-kin or the Turned because The Thief might remove my collar (unless I can tell them who The Thief is because he is the same guy as The Deft).

Meanwhile, if Team Were-kin knew I'd been Turned, they would probably have me killed or turned back as soon as possible (heh, not soon enough, ) and if the Turned knew I'd been enslaved, they would do the same to me... except that the were-kin want allies against the Usurpers? and the Turned are all cool with that - so, instead, I live until I'm no longer useful and then I die.

Meanwhile, now that I'm enslaved, what does that mean? I still use my powers however I want? Does my win condition change? Whose win condition do I use? Let's say I am The Deft Turned Thief and collared - may I remove my own collar? and what do you mean the Usurpers would worry about turning townspeople? I thought they could only enslave them.... which is fine, right? I mean it's not like their win condition has changed or anything, right?
Actually, turning is irreversible, barring shenanigans with Duilliath and ghosts. So the bit about possibly being turned back to your old team only applies to enslavement.

The Thief can remove their own collar, yes. If they didn't, which win condition they'd use would depend on which team had collared them.

And I think you got somewhat confused when reading the first paragraph from what you quoted. Gray Mage had asked why the Familiar had the ability to turn people, so what that meant was that someone needed to be able to turn people, and it makes more sense that the Werekin would do so than that the town would, so the Familiar is the one who turns people, rather than a town role.

If that doesn't answer all your questions, it's probably because I'm not entirely sure about all of them, so just let me know what it is that I should have further clarified, and I'll try to do so.