View Single Post

Thread: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

1. - Top - End - #1031
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Lok tepes to Everyone, but meant to tepe to Melinda (he just got the necklace and he's never done this before).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I could very simply be schizophrenic or possessed of some other mental malady. Given that I am a being infused with Chaos from a plane one step away from the Howling Winds of Pandemonium, it makes perfect sense. So I can accept that answer if some proof can be brought to that. Or, I could just be a prophet.

Either way, my madness has been incredibly accurate in proof; but isn't that madness to mere mortals? To see what is not there, and often what is not "now?"

It may be an amalgam of the two plus my studies. By being so well-read on subjects vast and many, either I went mad or was already mad and my mind actually dwells on things I read but do not consciously remember as having read.

Time alone will tell. I did not ask for these visions. I have no shame, for I feel no offense. I am no fraud, for judgment has been passed against me that I am truly mad or that I am prophet. Since I willingly accept the possibility of both because knowing both is actually beyond me, I cannot be fraud since there is no measure of machination actually involved. That begs the philosophical of whether or not madness can be blamed ... but I shall not belabour that point right now.

But I have faith that I am true. And now, I am bestowed of one of the necklaces. Surely, two of the three priestesses see something in me that is more than just a scholar, and my faith is rewarded.

Lil is stoic about her ignorant-yet-brilliant aide-de-camp, given the faintest shrug to her sisters. This was actually the first time on some level that Lok' mentioned the possibility of his being mad, and that there was some internal conflict of fractured intellect versus .... what? heart? emotion at least.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-08-03 at 11:14 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.