As satisfying as it was to see Mitsuyo cowering before the masked ninja Yousuke knew that he had to do something. Drawing his blade, Yousuke inserted himself between the woman and Mitsuyo, settling his feet in a guarded stance. It would seem that the woman was not their jounin instructor as he had initially believed, though he still found it strange that an enemy ninja could be found so close to Soragakure's borders.

She was dangerous regardless of her village affiliation. That still however, begged the question, "What business did she have with Mitsuyo?" As far as Yousuke could tell the man was a merchant with an inflated sense of self-worth and equally nasty disposition.

"If she is in fact the ninja hired to kill you then I doubt I would be able to beat her," he says, not looking at the man behind him, "I would not bother with running away either; something tells me I would not be able to stop her if she were to run past me."

He took in deep breaths as she approached, willing the fear in his heart away. A Konpaku swordsman struck a balance in both body and soul and if he could not face the masked kunoichi he could never hope to face his own mother. In the calmest voice that he could muster, Yousuke asked, "What business do you have with the merchant? I do not wish to fight but I ask that you give reason for your approach," quite aware that his voice was cracking.

Spoiler
Show
Sense Motive - (1d20)[4]