Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
Meeting Room

"She's supposed to provide some suitable ones in conjunction with the trip. But thoroughly expect mages and archmages and circle tower mages of some sort or another." Ilpholin replies. Magic! Magtok's favorite.

"Now I heard you talked to Isabelle and maybe one or two others while I was busy?" Admittedly those seven sins just sort of disappeared.
Magtok waves a hand dismissively.

"Some kids who called themselves the seven sins. Made them probationary members because while I couldn't find any concrete reasons to reject them, I had doubts about how well they'd get along with anyone who isn't heterosexual here, and their attitudes implied that they were the sort of people who got by on raw magical power, rather than any sort of ingenuity, people skills, or even just general competence."

Maggy pulls out a coffee mug, with "#1 Gene Donor!" of all things printed on it, and sips something out of it that I'm pretty sure isn't coffee, before continuing.

"Isabelle, on the other hand, I can put a bit more faith in. What she specializes in, she's quite clearly very good at. I think you've already had a chance to see her little friend, so I won't prattle on about that. Once she's perfected this whole 'anti-spyware' thing, we shouldn't need to worry about Remnant knowing every last little thing we're doing anymore, and she can progress to bigger, badder, and outright horrifying meat-weapons or whatever else we might need.

Oh, and whatshername. Janie, I think? She certainly has enthusiasm for this sort of work, which is odd since I thought that as a relative of Kal she'd be just like Becky but with weirder hair. We turned some people in Trog's into mermaids for kicks and giggles and also demanded their money. Didn't pan out so well, but I didn't really think it was going to, anyways. Really adamant about the whole 'no I don't do curtains' thing, by the way. I think you could probably get a lot done if you got a magical lust aura suppression ring, and dangled that over her head like a carrot in front of a horse.

...So what sort of trip is this, exactly?"

Probably an absolutely terrible one, if all the magic people brought up is anything to go by.