@ Beans: It's okay. The character arc started so long ago I doubt anyone even remembers it (or cares) other than me and Wolfy. I wrote the story for him as a sort of going away present because he wanted a happy ending for the characters, and we'd never seen a way to do it.

For anyone interested:
Spoiler
Show
Sue, a (male, giantkin) Mortal Coil soldier had been in a relationship with Charlotta for years. The love had ended long ago, but he stayed for little Lottie's sake. Even though she wasn't his biological daughter, he'd raised her from infancy and was the only father the little girl had ever known. Charlotta couldn't handle his military career, and started an affair with Mortimer (who never appeared onscreen.) Sue knew, but never confronted her.

Meanwhile, the outwardly very straight-laced and reserved logistics officer Alice Delisle had been in love with Sue for some time. She let Sue know she was interested, and curtains fell after he'd had a particularly nasty fight with Charlotta. Alice knew he wouldn't leave Charlotta for her, since it would mean leaving Lottie. There was always the fear that Charlotta would use legal means to block his access to Lottie.

So for maybe... idunno, a year or so of RL time?... Sue and Alice have been having an affair while he tried to keep things from falling irretrievably apart with Charlotta.

It was an attempt to write a couple where all of the conflict in the relationship was from mundane things rather than anything supernatural (i.e. "I can't be with you because I hunger for your soul / I'm still suffering the psychological scars of having my sapience removed / I'd lose the blessing of my goddess, etc.") and I'm not sure it was very successful. But Sue deserved a happy ending and I was glad I had the inspiration to write that story in time for Wolfy to read it before he left.