Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
It would appear that things have finally come to a head on an old issue, one that I have never really been sure how to deal with, and one that threatens to send me back into the nothingness from whence I came when it rears its head.

This thing is, of course, the dreaded Work In Progress.

I have said to everyone, bless you by the way, that I will always post something, every day. I've learned that, there are some things that I simply cannot post. I don't mind posting the odd warmup doodle or piece of trash, but when I have a specific image in mind, when I've been struck by a bolt of inspiration, I find myself without fail, every single time, physically unable to post my incomplete work. I have That Picture in my head, and I am far, far too embarrassed and ashamed to post anything but That Picture.

And I don't know what to do about it.
Day 437
Day 438
Day 439

As you can see, I was in a bit of a slump. Lasted about two months.

I've got an embarrassingly large backlog of semi-complete or WIP pictures that I'll probably not come back to. That's fine. Whatever. I don't owe them anything, and I don't owe my audience anything. I'm doing it for myself.

Posting it on the internet helps, though. It's a declaration of 'Today, I did this!' You can see the changes you've made and how the thing has progressed. You can look on it and reflect on what you've learned. It is helpful to you.

Remember, this is a Learns to Draw thread. Not a 'let's all bathe in Ido's awesome art' thread. If posting a bunch of scraps with annotations is what's gotta be done, it's what's gotta be done. The process of producing scraps and incomplete works eventually, inevitably boils through into producing completed things. It's a promise to yourself to do better tomorrow.

That's what I think the value in it is.