Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
So if Ray and Greg left to form another company, where would your allegiance lie?

Update: Chris Priestly, BioWare's community manager, has shot down the rumor on Twitter.
Obviously doesn't matter, but I'll answer it anyway. Bioware started with the Doctors, and had its name on some of the best games I've ever played before EA took over. If I had to choose between the Bioware label and the Doctors, well... I wouldn't. I'd judge their works and make my decision on that. If they both made games I enjoyed, I'd follow both. If neither did, I'd drop 'em both in a heartbeat. Bioware has already lost their infallible mystique in my eyes. Any loyalty they get they'll have to earn, now.

As for Star Wars, speaking as someone who was really, really, really excited about the franchise, I have to say it's just not worth it. The production values are top notch, the story-telling and writing are excellent, but they forgot something critical. They forgot to make it fun. It's just a WoW clone, and nobody can do a WoW style game better than Blizzard. And that's because they remembered to make it fun!

I enjoyed the conversations in SWtOR, but the combat was boring (albeit well choreographed), movement was boring, the non-class quests were usually boring, and the class-quests were balanced so that you could (barely) do them only if you muscled your way through every quest on the given planet. Hardcore players might have enjoyed it, but there was nothing there for the somewhat serious or casual player. Just monotony and frustration.