Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
he got 3 times his yearly wages for his first assignement and was told more would follow..which did.
the job he was paid for (and actually failed at) was to disable the robot without damaging it too much..which is the bit he failed at. that they intended him to die has nothing to do with his contractual position
Yeah, I did acknowlege the payment below... which was then wiped out by an edit... which I then went back and repaired.

But he did manage to disable the omnidroid with only ripping off one camera and putting a few holes into it. It was mostly intact, including the whatever vital part it was he ultimately tricked it into targeting. Some power coupling or A.I. unit. He was shown analysing it from the inside during the first fight and exploited the same weakness in the second.

Now there was a mistake on Buddy's part. Knowing how it was taken down the first time, why not move that part? Give it better protection? Perhaps a backup unit?

It seems he just concentrated on making it bigger and badder... which I suppose was the entire point; letting his ego get in the way where Mr. Incredible was concerned.