1. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #2: Its time to Celebrate!

Look Cirrylius basically your character is seeking Enlightenment. In my book enlightenment is internal. You've come up with a cool way to potentially perceive the truth of existence but the key is then comprehending that truth. Is your character wise and experienced (in the worldly sense not the game mechanical one) enough to get what he's seeing and Ascend or will it be beyond him and he loses everything to information overload possibly leading to insanity.

There are two ways to figure that out. One: tell a cooperative story with your fellow players and Storyteller over the course of a campaign and then after that story is told collectively decide whether Ascension or Insanity or Something Else is the appropriate and fitting ending for your character. Two: the storyteller comes up with an appropriate difficulty target for Ascension and rolls some dice.

The second sounds really unsatisfying to me. But since it seems that you are trying to pull this straight out of character creation I don't see any other choice.
    Last edited by Spamotron; 2012-08-09 at 09:38 PM.