View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #860 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #860 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelSacha View Post
    Wow, somebody is stubbornly refusing to believe that Sabine is in love with Nale, despite this having been anviliciously underlined in two different (quite moving) strips. And that stubborn refusal comes from the idea that "evil has to be evil", with no room for shades of gray.
    Basically, they're ASKING FOR BAD WRITING
    Nale walked through hell, peering into the heat of a thousand eternal fires, listening for her familiar voice among the screams of the damned. She was here somewhere, he knew. He just had to-

"Looking for someone, handsome?"

That voice. He spun around and she was there, looking lovelier than ever in her native element: Her face shone with a life and power that he had seen only a few times on the surface, when she was draining the most powerful or most innocent of her victims. She seemed at ease here in a way she never had on his home plane. Plus, with all the heat, she was wearing very skimpy clothing.

"Sabine."

"Welcome home, honey."

He moved forward to embrace her. She was here, everything would be okay, she was all that mattered. But as their lips touched, he felt a horrible, shuddering pain move through every inch of his body. He jumped back with a yelp. Sabine looked concerned.

"Nale, sweetie? What's the matter?"

"What was that? Why did it feel like you drained me?"

"Well, because I did."

"But why?"

"When we were on your plane, I fulfilled every one of your appetites. Now that you're here, it's only fair that you fulfill all of mine. I love you, honey, and I know you love me- but if we want this relationship to work, it has to have some balance."
    Last edited by DougTheHead; 2012-08-10 at 12:26 AM.