View Single Post

Thread: The Journal of Herlam Corkwill - IC

1. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: The Journal of Herlam Corkwill - IC

The Ashabenford Arms:

The young wizard is unable to resist the urge to spill his guts in the face of the fearsome (and apparently ruthless) adventurers that have taken him into their custody. Roen can see that he believes he just watched the Gnoll die, and that he believes everything Roen has told him/threatened.

"I... I..." he fights back the tremors from his voice (a necessary trick for mages trying to cast spells in combat), and steadies himself enough to say, "I am not... privy to all of Otythir's machinations.... Ilnstreth, she knew; the wizardess..." he glances frightfully in the common room's direction before returning his gaze to Roen, "She knew more. All I know is that we were supposed to wait for the attack. The Knight and her disguised mercenaries were to offer their blades to Daurily and Herlam, and when the attack comes, we were to take advantage of the chaos and... and take them..." he stops again, swallows hard, "I was told nothing more of the plan... I don't even know who our real allies and enemies are in this venture. I was taken on as a last minute favour for my father from Otythir... You... you must believe me!"

Meanwhile, in the common room, Ilnstreth glares defiantly at Neth. As the druidess says her peace, however, Ilnstreth becomes clearly frightened of what the Rashemi is capable of. Memories of Rashemi border-raids seem to flash behind her eyes, and suddenly her cold features melt into fearful abandon. "It's... It's Herlam we wanted. Herlam and his book. Otythir, the fool, had allied us with someone powerful in Menzoberranzan, the great drow city of the northwest. This individual promised Otythir and I great power over our countrymen and rivals should we deliver to him Herlam and the book. Other than that, I know little. Save one thing: There are others after these things... A powerful force.... Not... of the Realms, entirely. Something dark. Shadows. Shadows and those that revere them." she shivers, less at Neth and the current circumstances than at the things she describes, "Otythir's ally form Menzo... he sent us a spell to aid us should they appear. Other than that..." her face hardens again, "I know the identity of the drow spy in Ashabenford. I wish to negotiate for this last piece of information." with that she stares at Neth, waiting for a response.

Near the bar, Herlam looks up from his tremors to Doroga. "Young man," he says shakily, clearly drained, "I admire your honour and courage, and should circumstances allow for such, I would be proud if you fought by my side. The gods know, I fear death now more than ever given the nature of this damnable curse..." Herlam's eyes burn with anger now, and Daurily stands him up and they make towards the stairs.

She looks to Doroga before they leave altogether and says, "Thank you, sir, for all that you have done. Please confer with my father and I again tomorrow morning as to what our part of the defense plan shall be. We will cooperate completely. But now, I fear, my father must take rest once more. Good morrow to you." And with that climbs the stairs with Herlam.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So between the Letter, the two prisoners, the drow threat, and Perelia's knowledge checks (not yet shared), you guys are able to piece things together quite well so-far. One of the only remaining questions is the identity of the spy sent by the drow (see letter) to help should things go wrong for the Red Wizards (already happened).

Also, excellent interrogation RPing!

TSM
    Last edited by The Smoking Man; 2012-08-10 at 12:04 PM.