View Single Post

Thread: Greed is Good (IC)

1. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Greed is Good (IC)

Adrian, it seemed, was taking the whole affair relatively well. The boy was hiding behind one of the rocks, it was true, but then he was also unarmed. Once he was sure the shooting had died down, he looked around the rock, then back to the group. "Is that all of them?"

Their captive, on the other hand, seemed a little shocked by how quickly the battle had ended. He'd been asleep for most of the fight by the caravan, and hadn't been able to get a very good look. It was true, the bandits had been outnumbered, but even so it had only been a handful of seconds before they all died. Turning to face Glaffin, followed by a glance to see who the cleric was indicating, all he could do was nod slowly, and walk even more slowly into the camp, clearly expecting Glaffin to follow along. Aside from the four victims, it looked deserted. As they passed the structures meant for sleeping under, the dwarf counted bedrolls. It wasn't the best indication, but there couldn't have been that many people sleeping here. Certainly no more than thirty, if that. There simply weren't places set up for them to rest. What was set up was a storage area full of crates and barrels, and one bigger tent-structure that was more nicely ordered than the lesser ones around it. A common seating area and mess rounded out the collection of bigger structures, but they were going past all of those, to emerge at the back of the camp. An iron shovel had been left on the ground, next to a pair of unmarked dirt mounds, each roughly six feet long. There the erstwhile guide stopped, looking down at the dirt.

Meanwhile, Laelaer and Cecily had taken to searching the bodies of the deceased. Each appeared to be armed much like those who attacked the caravan had been, with studded leather and shortbows, as well as shortswords. Each of the men was carrying a handful of gold, and Laelaer noticed that the table they'd been playing at was scattered with copper pieces.

While they were doing that, Thorus had been searching around for a likely looking boulder. There were a few that looked big, but he couldn't say for sure which one it was. Wherever the bandits had buried their loot, for the moment, was being frustratingly elusive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loot from the dead, in total. 4 sets studded leather, 4 short swords, 4 shortbows, 55gp, one set of wooden dice, and 100cp on the table.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-08-10 at 06:53 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing