View Single Post

Thread: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

1. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

I think the poet is a good balance point, too, placed as it is somewhat in the middle of all things.

I think I need to go over those 4th-level spells very, very carefully (Black Tentacles, Lesser Planar Ally, Polymorph, et cetera, probably have to go). A small part of me is thinking about removing them entirely, as it really does send the mage classes over the top compared to the others. I am considering replacing many of them with UA incantations, though.

Other points of order: I'm likely to remove non-core spells from the mage list, but keep them around as an "alternate" choice - same with initiator archetypes. I went through them and removed most of the homebrew disciplines (mainly because, as I said, most of those disciplines have ways of adding/substituting them), though I left Black Rain and Falling Leaf in the Deadeye, for reasons of there being no other ranged disciplines.

In my changes to the brawler class, I did remove most "or Intelligence" abilities, bringing the class perhaps closer to the standard monk than I would like. It's tentative, but I like your suggestions, Kholai. As well as the noble - I've never been happy with Gold Standard or the grand charlie foxtrot that is diplomacy. I think I'm going to make minions a standard class feature, not just limited to the tyrant. I've got to work on hunter traps and zealot auras, too.