Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I feel terrible.

Last week I was riding on my bike and fell down a ten foot embankment into the creek at the bottom of the hill. I was trapped under the water briefly, but after fighting to get out from under my bike and the tree root I was pinned under, got to the surface. I tried to lift my bike and discovered that my left shoulder hurt so much I could not use my arm at all. I had to swim downstream to get to a place where I could climb out. I managed to get some other people on the trail to call an ambulance, help get my bicycle out of the water, and take my dog back to my house.

At the hospital I learned I had broken my clavicle and have to wear a sling. I might not be able to work for six weeks. The painkillers they gave me made me unbelievably ill so I'm taking advil which works okay.

I feel very tired and painful. Also bored. I sleep a lot. But mostly I'm starting to be frustrated with not being able to do anything for myself. I can't drive a car, practice my violin, or ride my bike. Walking the dog is difficult. Even sitting up to write for a long time is tough.Brushing my hair and getting dressed is painful. I feel lonely and bored. Did I say that already? I guess I did.

-Monkey
*hugs tight*...that sounds absolutely terrifying. I'm glad you're (mostly) ok, and I hope you feel better soon. =\