Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Mass Effect, not linear? Did you really have an alternative to "stop the Reapers?" Even death couldn't knock you off those rails.
There are points between "linear" and "blank page," comrade. Strictly technically speaking, Mass Effect has always given the player a level of control over the course of the game that exceeds Half-Life I by a fair margin. Mass Effect (and really all games) have some degree of control over what happens during their runtime, from Half-Life to Mario Bros. If we were to begin arguing that Mass Effect is a linear game on par with Half-Life because we have no choice but to go save the galaxy, then you might as well say pretty much any game outside of things like Minecraft are all horribly linear, because there's no option to pants everyone in San Andreas.

tl;dr: You knew perfectly well what he meant, comrade. Arguing semantics just makes things tedious.

(And on a side note, sorry for not getting back to you with that reply I promised. I just figured everyone had already said everything I wanted to say).