1. - Top - End - #23
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7B: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL OF THIS FORUM (Story/Spoiler Thread!)

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Sorry Psyren, I'm going to have to agree with LaughingMan's tl;dr above there. You're ignoring or misconstruing all my arguments. Do you want to discuss ME3 in comparison to Half-Life? Or why there was a reason why many die-hard fans created dozens of Shepards to import into ME3? I don't want to spend the time phrasing and typing my arguments if they're not wanted.
    Just because I'm not quote-streaming every single point you make, doesn't mean I'm ignoring them. You say that Bioware "botched the illusion" just because they converged the choices in the final installment. I posit that instead, the illusion was meant to come apart at this stage of the series. The choices we made had to converge at some point, else there would be too many parameters to track and chaos would result.

Nor do I think ME was pretending to be all about choice the way you say. Choice certainly played a large part in the journey, but the specific point at which I compared HL and ME was the destination - i.e. the ending. Just as the first ME can only end with thwarting Sovereign, the first HL can only end with taking G-Man's offer.

As far as "die-hard fans importing dozens of Shepards," I'm not certain that means what you think it means. I am a die-hard fan, and I did that too, despite fully expecting my Paragon Shepard to die. The prospect of losing my Shepard did not make it not worth importing him in the slightest, and I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.

@Aotrs: You've been plenty reasonable, as has everyone in the Playground
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-08-14 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)