Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
Tedious? I find it quite interesting, myself. I specifically brought up Half-Life to spark this sort of discussion.
You asked why Half-Life's ending worked while Mass Effects did not. You did not ask whether or not Mass Effect can be considered an open world game. As such, it looks a bit like you're heading down rabbit trails, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
I think that's probably as big a danger for the future DLC as well.

Curiousity: shows of hands. Who here is going to buy the Levithan DLC straight away, who is going to wait until other people have had a look, and who's not interested at all?
On the one hand, the only reason I'm interested is to see what kind of discussion it spawns, as the ending blunts any chance of real character development or really any plot relevance this might have. So probably some sort of BC hybrid.

On the other hand, I'm quite eager to see if BioWare can pull a Mask of the Betrayer and make up for the game proper by sheer force of good writing. Probably not, but as I am not currently a psychic of any sort I'll just have to wait and see with the rest of you.