i got a strange email last night, about a certain play test.

as i was afflicted by a bit of "still can't get to sleep" i decided to open it up as a bit of late night reading to do me in (i'm not saying the play test literally bored me to sleep, anything would have worked to finish me off in my state).

it was slightly less boring a read then the first play test. as i said, i will admit i read this late at night and only really got to read the fighter & rogue pregen and character creation for the moment.

it doesn't look too promising.

fighter has "a lot" of options but once he picks a line he seems locked in. the combat dice mechanic seem neat but most look to be mainly circumstancial rather then truly at-will abilities. the recharge should also be changed to end of turn rather then the start, this way you can chose to react and lose your next turn's action rather then lose your turn's action and hopefully react.

rogue was... meh... on first glance. i'll really need to look over him some more but one thing stood out: thieves' cant? really? in proper class design space rather then a background?

i'll note that i haven't even begun to look at the spell list. if this is the future of the hobby, i'm glad i'm getting out of it. it really doesn't seem to be going anywhere i care for.