Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
All of the current spells, that is. When they were discussing 6-stat saves originally (and they might have this in the playtest packet, I don't have access right now to check), they mentioned that you'd probably use Str saves for movement-related effects, Int for "puzzle-related" effects (for lack of a better term), and Cha for morale-related effects. If and when telekinesis and black tentacles (Str), illusions and confusion effects (Int), and fear and charm effects (Cha) are (re)introduced, the stats will probably be a lot more even in terms of number of effects targeting them.
Fear and charm spells already exist. Cause Fear, Charm Person, Command and Suggestion all use a Wisdom save. Mirror Image and Silence, the only illusions I found, allow no save at all.

With the spells presented so far, including charms and illusions, it just looks like Ref=Dex, Will=Wis, and Fort=Con. The weakness I see with this structure is that if your class uses Str, Int, or Cha as their primary stat you end up weaker than a class that uses Con, Dex, or Wis. If stats are going to be so important, it'd be nice if they were equally valuable.