Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
That is unfortunate. I subscribe to an antagonistic dialectic. I suppose we are limited to small talk for now then, as I have trouble not arguing. It takes physical effort.
Oh, I find it hard not to argue, too. I hate it, but I can't stop doing it. I try, and sometimes I manage to tell myself not to post, to look away and let it move on un-commented-on. I probably hate it exactly because I can't help myself most of the time

Sorry. The context made I look specifically like you were addressing friendship macguffins. And point of quibble; if twilight teleported they could not just teleport after her; they would have to know where she went.
Probably, or who knows, maybe it's possible to track teleportation? It's probably not a common skill, but I bet Twilight could do it so maybe some suitably powerful enemy could too.

*nod* but you've got that backwards. There are only elements because the bad guy already has phenomenal cosmic power. They aren't the winning edge, they are an equalizer. Sauron already had the one ring, an army, black magics, etc. and that's why Getting to mount doom was so important. The bad guys, by definition, start out advantaged. The good guys winning is because Good must triumph over Evil. Because Good is better. Narratively, Bleakbane. Narratively.
Exactly, the point is that there's always something the bad guys can do to counter the good guys, even the Elements if you need to, until the end when they have to loose (unless you're writing the kind of story where the bad guys win)