View Single Post

Thread: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

1. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

"W-What the..." Amon fades out of her conversation with Houshi as they draw close enough to see the genin. "Normally I wouldn't begrudge a couple of kids getting frisky on their offtime, but tonight they're supposed to...!"

Think, think, Amon... if these two are here, that means there is a maximum of two people guarding Yusa of the expected eight, meaning our defences will never be weaker than they are right now, but there's more than that. This is well outside the boundaries of the village or anywhere near they agreed to guard her - she insisted on taking the guard duty, right? But there's a diferent between a couple of youngsters slipping in a quick snog in another room and them being WELL outside anywhere serviceable to their duty and at their liesure... in other words, their duty in their minds is already sufficient, but what could convince them of such a ludicrous notion? Did their jounin dismiss them? What honest intentions could she possibly bring to bear being alone with the prisoner - for if these two are dismissed, why not the other one. Is this some kind of trick? A genjutsu? Perhaps some delusion genjutsu is upon them? Wait, in that case, at what point were my perceptions influenced? When we made those arrangements, is it possible that both teams were told the other would guard Yusa? Perhaps they are not there but there is ambush for us...? Hinami is the only one in that group who can use Yusa's genjutsu to order her if I'm correct. Forget it, step 1 is doing everything in my power to clear these perceptions!

Step 1: Amon performs the Genjutsu Kai technique at the cost of 2 points of her 6 points of temporary chakra from the soldier pill, targeting herself
    Dispel Check (1d20+7)[17]
    Step 2: She scans the area with her Sense Chakra ability for the better part of a mnute, just long enough to detect any genjutsu tampering hopefully, if there is any (though knowing whatever genjutsu has occured has already taken effect)

Amon stomps her foot, readying her guard, her hand grasping the hilt of her sword hard. "Yukiko, what on earth are you doing out here!? I don't care what you do with Soujiro on your spare time, but you're on guard duty, are you NOT?! Where is Hinami? Where is Yusa?! TELL ME!" Her voice is furious, having just made a thousand deductions and possible conclusions, and none of them as simple as two kids fooling around. "Who is watching Yusa!?"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-15 at 07:06 PM.