1. - Top - End - #384
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Well obviously all the Birthing Pod decks are dead due to a lack of Birthing Pod.

That being said Naya Pod is currently basically the block Naya deck plus Birthing Pod and better creatures(and better mana), so I think their will be a Naya deck going forward. I'm not as sure about Bant Pod as it loses Phantasmal Image.

Also I could see Block Boros becoming very good as well if it gets a little bit better mana.

Zombies basically doesn't lose anything(Porcelain Legionare I guess???) and depending on the mana may gain the ability to really play white and or green instead of just blue or red.

I was tooling around with Delver now and I think their will still be a Blue-White tempo deck(Runechanters Pike and Spectral Flight aren't leaving) but I wonder if Delver will be a part of it. I could see Delver branching more than it already has into Blue-White Tempo without Delver(due to lacking Ponder, Gitaxian Probe, Mana Leak, etc...) that would probably be close to a U/W humans list with Snapcaster, Geist, and Restoration Angel and a U/x Delver/Talrand deck.

Their will probably be some kind of U/x control deck but I'm not sure what it will look like.

Once again, depending on how good mana becomes, I could see either Esper Tokens(Favorable Winds and Talrands Invocation are awesome) or B/W tokens appearing as they are already kinda decks(well B/W tokens is) that lack good mana.

Wolf-Run will probably go away but I think their will be a G/x ramp deck, I'd guess that relies on the Mana-Dorks into Craterhoof Behemoth plan.

I'm not sure about combo decks... maybe some kind of Burning Vengeance deck? Also if the Golgari mechanic is similar to Dredge(or is dredge... which it isn't(luckily)) I could see the Block Spider Spawning Decks making the jump. Possibly a reanimator deck as Tormods Crypt isn't quite as good as Necrogen Spellbomb and without Birthing Pod or GSZ Grafdiggers cage might see less play. And Gristlebrand is still Gristlebrand even if Elesh-Norn is leaving us.

And now I'm done musing. In summary I predict:

Naya
    Boros
    Zombies(of all colors)
    U/W Tempo
    U/x Delver
    U/x Control
    B/W Tokens
    Esper Tokens/Spirits
    G/x Ramp

And Possibly in the Combo Department:
    U/G/x Spider Spawning
    U/R/x Burning Vengeance
    B/w/x Reanimator
    Last edited by Zavoniki; 2012-08-15 at 11:53 PM.
    When you are first born, the universe assigns you a secret luck value. The quality of your life, dice rolls, and how friendly your DM is are all influenced by the luck value. It is the universe's secret social experiment. So if you been rolling poor, it is only because you were assigned low luck value by the universe. You can raise your luck value only through proper dice rolling rituals.