Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
Not pony related, but if you're looking for a good book, I would recommend finding a copy of Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch. So far everyone I've lent it to has really liked it. It's a police procedural that feels like a cross between Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, Harry Potter (but grown up), and an episode of The Bill. You might know the author from such things Remembrance of the Daleks. The book does get fairly dark at times, but to the "not for children" level.
If this from the wiki entry

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
Police Constable Lesley May; an officer in the Metropolitan Police who, having completed her mandatory probationary period, is expected to go far.
Police Constable Peter Grant; an officer in the Metropolitan Police who, having completed his mandatory probationary period, is expected to do paperwork.
is representative of the level of humour in it, it may have enough moments that I might take a gander. Eventually - probably next year when it's coming up to holidays, which is when I acquire and read books. (Mostly because I can't afford the space otherwise... Which is why I read so much fanfic - it's free and takes no space!) Never hurts to have one or two ideas to look at come that time period.

Hey look, another "mane cast dies for no reason" fic that's floating around on Fim's feature box for several days (not Spike this time, but RD commiting suicide or somesuch for no readily apparent reason so Twilight can blame herself. I found that one to be particularly maudlin, personally).

*skulldesk*

Seriously?

On the positive side, there also appears to be a RD/Spike shipping story (and I wrote it that way around for a reason). That looks like a giggle, will read shortly (makes a nice break between the desparate attempt to paint the last ten Jalyrkieon vehicles up mostly today, since it's my last full day at it and I want to use them on Thursday). After Rarity, I think RD is Spike's next best fit in the Mane Six - they do have a fair bit in common, and I never have forgotten Spike's initial comment about RD, so...!