View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony LI: FE

1. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Spoiler
    Show
    A branch hit her across the muzzle and left the sharp tang of blood on her trembling lips.

first thought is that if this is RD, why is she on hoof? shes the best flier anywhere and loves it besides

But it had a little logo stamped on the back, a simple pair of wings with a bolt of lightning down the middle. It wasn't very prominent, as if it didn't want to get you too excited.

She had carried it like a fragile and precious thing and sat down on a couch to stare at it.
    "She carried it delicately over to the couch"?
    avoids stating shes staring at it twice

She picked up pace, feeling the frustration and anger well up inside her at the memory of the letter and the weeks that followed.

i feel like the flutterdash relationship should be better established when RD sees those 2 together. it lacks impact otherwise

She thought she heard something move in the darkness behind her and turned, glaring at the shadows. She knew the forest was dangerous, but she was angry, she wasn't thinking, and she just didn't care. “Come out and face me,” she cried into the dark. The forest was listening again, there were no sounds. Then a twig snapped behind her. Rainbow Dash spun around and rushed forward, but one of her legs stayed behind. She fell over with a pained cry as the leg was twisted and pulled.
    so now shes facing the same direction as she started?

The whole ground began to tremble under her as all the roots came to life,(remove this comma) like a pit of angry snakes, and she was sitting right on top of it.(! maybe)
    also, wouldnt one be in the middle of a pit of snakes?

It was a mare's voice, quite soft but wary.
    i think you have to use "and"
    soft and wary aren't contrary terms

She turned carefully and winched winced

zombie RD wat!?

strong finish, but i feel like it needs more groundwork, or maybe a slightly different approach. soarin/shy is supposed to be a bombshell, but the en medias res style hurts it

edit: almost forgot:
    why you kill everything i love

not my best critique, but i have a migraine.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-08-20 at 12:24 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever: