1. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

High House of Magic

Surrounded by a pleasant garden of almost unnaturally green grass and exotic flowers, this huge needlespired building is made of a curious stone the true color of which can only be guessed at, for it transitions through all shades of the rainbow, appearantly depending on the way the light of the sun meets it. It has a low-cut entrance hall, at least compared to the left and right wings easily four stories high, and the central part reaches another twenty feet over this. The five towers, placed rather chaotically over the structure, vary in height and shape, some thin and round, another made of staggered segments with varying number of corners.
    The guild indeed has a reception, though duty there is perhaps not the most coveted position among the guildmembers. The mage on duty sifts through a huge pile of unsorted parchments, appearantly looking for something to help with Mirielle's inquiry, when a voice from behind makes Aya and Mirielle turn.
    "If it's up to old McGreggor we'd have a central register where everyone has to check in and out every day", says the figure, and Elf of black skin and white hair in skyblue robes. Spinning a curious blue rectangle between his fingers, he's leaning casually against the wall right next to the door you just entered, somehow slipping by you unnoticed. "Bit bothersome, wouldn't it be? Guess I have to help you then if I don't want to give him another card to play, right?" His pert smirk looks like something that would have an effect on some ladies, provided of course they're not unsettled by his obvious drow heritage.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know, I'll get around to it

Lucky Coin Inn

Recently renovated, this place looks spartan but welcoming. A small shrine to Tymora is placed on the inside next to the door. The bar is well filled and raucous, despite the wine being a bit too watered down. The portions are generous, though the meat is tough and stringy beneath the rich seasoning and oil-soaked garlic.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Red Wizards are rather disliked, especially since it seems they were involved in a recent assassination attempt on a High Priest.

Slavery is long out of fashion; previously one could buy slaves in the docks right where your ship landed. There is indentured servitude though, which you can be forced into if you can't pay debts. The debts and thus the servant can be traded without his consent.

registration came up some pages ago, you can see the practice and form there
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-08-20 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.