1. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: She Blinded Me with Science! (Magitek That Doesn't Make Me Cry Myself To Sleep)

@LordotheMorning: Actually, your trick can be improved upon quite significantly, with my P/I (phlogiston/ice) Generator! (Disclaimer: Does not actually make pie.)

Put 8 cu ft of phlogiston (heat-radiating) in a semi-space, and make the entrance a 1 in diameter chip or something similar. Place an input ice transformer made of blue ice in a 1x1x1 semi-space with an opening of the same size and shape of the first entrance. Place the two openings together. Get a heuristical circuit to bond the ice input transformer to a silver output transformer, which is also placed in a semi-space with a small opening (placed on a staff or something). Assuming 14th level and arcanodynamic specialization, your UMD check is:

17 (ranks) + 5 (Cha) + 2 (mstwk tool) + 7 (class boost) = 33

Take 20 on the ice and silver, and you get 53 ebbs transformed per round, converted to 53d6 at about a mile range as (effectively) a free action each round. The entire apparatus (assuming you make everything yourself except for the phlogiston and not including the relatively small amounts of raw material) costs 4000 gp.

The P/I generator makes 100 ebbs per round, and considering this array only uses 53 ebbs per round, you can add on even more transformers. And if you add on even more generators, you get even more power per round! Also, it has insignificant weight (about three marbles and a staff), and you only need one staff, no matter how many generators and firing points you add.

This can all be done at a lower level (and higher optimization), but requires you to buy more stuff.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-08-21 at 07:24 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.