Perelia busts out of her room, heading towards the sound of the shattered wood just in time to watch the hardened mercenary fall to the group, plummeting out of...

Shadows. She fell out of a wall of pure darkness, darkness which could only be magical, which could only be malicious. Perelia thinks immediately to the conversations and writings of the previous day, and she understands what is happening. "The drow have allied themselves with creatures of shadow, creatures that were terrible enough to inspire fear in their leader. He was given a scroll to fight them off, should things go awry. I had intended to inscribe it into my spellbook once I had learned enough to cast such magic, but we cannot lose them this way."

She draws out a long scroll, scribed in a spidery hand on fine vellum, and she walks towards the door, holding the magical parchment out in front of her like a writ of passage. She begins to call out the words of the spell in a ringing, strident voice, her brow furrowed in concentration. She shouts out the final words of the magic as she reaches Daurily's fallen form, and with those words comes a light so powerful and pure that for a moment there is nothing but white light and arcane might, flooding through the inn like a wave, casting no shadows in its wake.

Spoiler
Show
She deals 23 untyped damage to any shadow creatures in 30 feet and dispels any shadow or darkness spells that have a caster level of 9 or less.