Quote Originally Posted by peacenlove View Post
This is a solid rework with an emphasis on spellcasting and I am tempted to convert it to Pathfinder as a shadowcaster archetype if I have your permission ofcourse.
Thanks! And of course you have my permission.

Some points to consider:

Maybe replace eyes with senses? then this high level ability won't be shutdown by a 2nd level spell or a called shot.
Hm. OK, that's not a problem. Though technically, blindness won't hurt them (since they have blindsight), and get major bonuses to saves against it...

Concentrated shadow seems a little off. It is disconnected to all the other abilities a shadow caster has, even having separate uses from its would be predecessor, the Duplicity line of abilities. It is certainly powerful and worthy of a 20th level ability.
But this is only a fine tuning point.
I see what you mean -- they are mechanically related, but not identical. I could see connecting them, though... What do you suggest? Having it cost a use of Duplicity?

Supernatural ability DC should be 10 + 1/2 CL + casting mod (usually charisma but intelligence is ok too). Fundamentals wont break the game if their dc is 33 instead of 23 at 20th level.
I was confused for a minute, because I was looking at the DC for supernatural mysteries, which follows your formula. I forgot that the fundamentals had a separate DC clause. I guess the problem with that is that by relearning the same fundamental over and over, you get to double-dip (or really, one-and-a-half dip) your DC increases since you also get a boost to CL. I guess I could tie it to shadowcaster level instead of caster level like I did for the supernatural mysteries, though... Hmm. Let me think about it.