1. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: D&D 5th Editon Discussion: 6th thread and counting

Quote Originally Posted by TheOOB View Post
    This has been discussed before.

While it is true Two-Weapon Fighting and Rapid Shot don't increase your damage output, that are stiff useful feats for three reasons

1) You can attack multiple opponents potentially letting you finish off more than one foe in a round.

2) If you have any non-damaging secondary effects of an attack, you will be able to apply said effect twice(can't think of any right now, but some will exist I am sure)

3) It increases the chance you will cause damage to the foe at the cost of giving you a chance to only do half damage. When rolling two attacks, if one attack misses, the other attack might still hit, thus you are more likely to do some damage on your turn.

The feats are not for everyone, but they do have usefulness.
    I believe it has been discussed before, I didn't notice it discussed in this thread. Maybe I overlooked it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaya View Post
    Which would be fine if two weapon fighting were an option anyone could use at any time, but feats are supposed to make your character stronger. If TWF and rapid shot require you to permanently invest limited resources before you can use them, they should be better than their free alternatives, not just different.
    That is exactly my feelings on the subject. As rare and costly Feats, they just don't seem worthwhile to me.
    Last edited by JoeMac307; 2012-08-22 at 08:04 PM.