Quote Originally Posted by TheOOB View Post
You're complaining about something that is silly and impossible. For the record, D&D has a setting built in, and it always had. D&D assumes you are in a world if magic and heroes, with dwarves and elves, where people go into dungeons and fight dragons for money. Just because they paint their setting in broad strokes(and further define it in specific campaign settings) doesn't mean a setting isn't there.

The sorcerer is a class that gains their power through inborn abilities. No one seemed to have a problem with that when the sorcerer originally came around. A draconic heritage was always a common possibility for said power. In 5e, they are just making it so a sorcerer plays a little differently depending on your heritage. I really don't see whats wrong with that. If you don't like draconic sorcerers, don't allow that bloodline. There will be more(I'd be suprised if there are not at least 4 in the main book when it comes out).

You know, I hate gnomes as a race, they never exist in my campaign settings, but I don't think less of the game as a whole because the books present the rules for playing as one.
The complaint is just that THUS FAR they've only given us the Draconic sorcerer. We want more than just that later.