View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #860 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: OOTS #860 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2323mike View Post
    I find this ridiculous. Most of the LG are characters with lives and motives of their own. Why should the team wizard be a simpleton obsessed with the idea of beating another, not that particulary powerful wizard to the point he adjusts his entire build towards it?
    'Why' is a mystery (and one not likely to be solved, since I think Zz'dtri is probably not going to survive this fight, let alone this book), but the fact that he's doing it in the first place shouldn't be in question.

As theNater points out, it's not as if tailoring his build to fight V is worthless against other wizards. And saying that V isn't particularly powerful seems questionable, seeing as she's at least fifteenth level - that's not a common thing in a lot of settings, and doesn't seem to be here.

Edit: On second thought, isn't getting him dragged off by lawyers a decent reason to hold a grudge? I'm not sure if anything more complicated then that is needed, especially since drow have been traditionally characterized as putting a high value on revenge.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2012-08-23 at 05:15 AM.