Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
Being focused on defeating a single opponent is not completely out of line for a member of a group that is practically synonymous with taking disproportionate revenge over quasi-imagined slights.
But what was the quasi-imagined slight in the first place, that's what I want to know. Not the lawyers, mind, but before the lawyers. If Z's entire build is anti-V, he'd have to have started before they ever met, since you only have a certain amount of "feats, stuff" to go around, to say nothing of choices of spells learned at every level up and so forth. So, back when he first showed up with two scimitars and a flimsy claim of being Chaotic Good, why was he planning V's destruction THEN? Why did he sign on with Nale when they first met and Nale said "Hey, you want to kill this talkative gender-ambiguous elf I know of?" Surely he had other uses for his time if there hadn't been at least a slightly compelling reason to fixate on this particular target.

I'm waiting to hear that it ties back into one of our long-lingering plot threads, probably involving Familicide and the IFCC. Perhaps that chalice Qarr was looking for was a prophetic device, and it confirmed that V would break Z's favorite coffee cup three years from current game time, and Z upon learning of this heinous affront began calculating his vengeance, not realizing that the events he had set in motion himself would eventually and inevitably be the cause of his beloved china's disastrous end. And meanwhile Director Cedric sits back and smiles approvingly.