Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
But what was the quasi-imagined slight in the first place, that's what I want to know. Not the lawyers, mind, but before the lawyers. If Z's entire build is anti-V, he'd have to have started before they ever met, since you only have a certain amount of "feats, stuff" to go around, to say nothing of choices of spells learned at every level up and so forth. So, back when he first showed up with two scimitars and a flimsy claim of being Chaotic Good, why was he planning V's destruction THEN? Why did he sign on with Nale when they first met and Nale said "Hey, you want to kill this talkative gender-ambiguous elf I know of?" Surely he had other uses for his time if there hadn't been at least a slightly compelling reason to fixate on this particular target.
There is no indication that Z knew of V or had any sleight against V at this point, he appears to have met V in the dungeon of Durokan and altered his build specifically to defeat V since.

In the Dungeon, we do not see anything which indicates that Z was particularly effective against V.

He prepared a spell against the most common spell Wizards cast - ever (certainly allowable without any specific preparation, shield is a pretty common spell for wizards to take.)

His spell resistance absorbed one of three spells, totally normal without any feats or enhancing items, leading me to believe he didn't have any at this time.

And he was a Drow... which certainly was NOT a choice he made specifically to defeat V :P

So... yeah... no evidence that Z knew or cared who V was prior to V getting him arrested and bodily removed from a combat within which he was the clear victor.