View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony LI: FE

1. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Well, the Jalyrkieons, you will be pleased to know did rather well in their first time out, maneuovering the Cybertanks to a draw. (I say "maneouvering" not fighting, since casualties were rather light on both sides, but never-the-less we managed to reach a draw.)

A couple of surprises came when my mate worked out some unusual properties of the Jalyrkieon vehicles - by virtue of their structure, something that I'd not considered. The most interesting of these was that the Idoex buggys can roll up to a hull-down position, and with thier missile pod, fire while in a defiladed position.

Which means (to those of you as unfamilair with the term as I was myself before tonight!) that because of the dead space caused by the crest of the hill means that the vehicle is basically invulnerable to direct weapons fire, meaning you need a missile to attack it (or get to higher ground than it.) This came as total surprise to me, but is a nice little trick!

The Jalyrkieon infantry didn't do too badly either - one pair got a bit shot up by a Cybertank Dispersion and a Radial tank, but their mate a little behind were able to put a missile right through the latter!

All in all, a promising start to the army, meaning the stats aren't far off! I was a bit concerned, because at the moment, I was conscious that only having basically six MBTs (the Cybertanks and sci-Soviets work in tank platoons of four not three, so even two platoons isn't an even match), the Jalyrkieons might have been a bit under-gunned, but with the Idoex's little surprise, they held their own; not bad, as they have to wait for the bulk of their main AFV (AppleBloomTank) for a bit! But I think the Jalyrkieons will do fine.

SiuiS, did you get my email with the rules?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-23 at 06:07 PM.