1. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Swarm Arrives [3.5 Base Class-Zerg, Tyranids]

There SHOULD be? I disagree. Any ability that isn't an instantaneous, unscalable boost should scale.
    Then we can come with a compromise. Why not allow to take Sky Swarm more than once? My first suggestion would be to increase flight speed by 20 feet and manoeuvrability by one point every time after the first, with a maximum manoeuvrability of perfect (you could also put this manoeuvrability limit with Movement (flight)). In this case, the ability would no longer be scalable.
    I am not balancing for level 200.
    If you don't want the class to go into epic, I'd ask you why you made something so awesome in the first place?
    I disagree. It's not a combative class as is. And the size will make you easier to hit.
    You may think it's not a combative class, but it has d8 hit dices, a 3/4 BAB progression, and the Blades of the Queen class feature, along with the swarmling (that can be made into a brawler) and the Lord Above, Ironscales and Weapons of the Queen evolutions. As it is, it is a combative class. With psionic powers and countless minions.
    Hive Node
    Three points in this ability allow the Swarmling to function as if within Hive Mind range at all times. More points than this allow the Swarmling to control other members of the swarm as if it were a Swarmlord of class level equal to the number of points in this ability minus three.
    Do you realise that this ability is... weird when used with Pinnacle Swarm? This allow the swarmling to control the swarm as if it has one more level than its master swarmlord.
    Last edited by Network; 2012-08-24 at 03:25 PM.