1. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviston View Post
    REPLYI’m not sure what you are pointing out here. Maybe I’m just herp derpin, would you mind specifying?
    Well, first off, several of the ability names don't match the ones on the table and you sometimes use a separate name for the Archetype instead of the one you selected (or this is meant for the Eidolon and you never specified it as so).

REPLY: Mkay, I was going off of the dragoneborn that gains the dragonblood subtype. In your opinion what would work? Just giving them the elemental subtype? Or going ahead to tack in Outside (Humanoid, earth, etc)?
    Erm, I did tell you how it should be worded. o.o

REPLY: Once again this is a throwback to the original text. My assumption is that since the Outside type says junk like “they have X HD and X skill points” I’m going to say yes, you keep whatever HD you had from other classes or Racial HD in the case of playing something monstrous and continue to grow in HD as your class states. However, if you get racial HD (via a class or bloodline or w/e) you gain future racial HDs as an Outside (once again assuming we keep the Outsider type).
    So they don't recalculate any pre-existing racial hit dice but still get the benefits of the type. Gotcha.

REPLY: This doesn’t make sense to me. Or my DM. We add LA’s to various “above 11 RP races” so ALL the previous templates don’t need to be redone into RP features and built from the ground up. I will take it out of this race however since that is a ‘us’ specific rule.
    The term Level Adjustment is not used in Pathfinder. Pathfinder makes use of CR adjustment and then their previous Monstrous PC rules, which is far more balanced and rewarding towards play. The rules for Advanced Race Guide (which this contest neither actually uses or requires) even mention that you should basically have ~11+ RP group along with other ~11+RP races for balance sake and to change how those races level if you mix them in with races of different power brackets.

REPLY: Hmmmm…. Good GOOD point. It doesn’t say that you lose… however; I reckoned it was similar to the feats. You lose a base feat you can’t use its further feats. BUT! A feat is not a prestige class and the whole thing about losing abilities from a class doesn’t sit well with me. If it is divinely given, you can’t really argue with that, “No bro, gimme back my solar flare, you worship shadows now.” I don’t know… I’ll wait for further discussion on this point.
    And they do specifically mention about how feats work in Pathfinder. So I'll be waiting alongside you for some further verification when it comes to PrCs.

REPLY: Done to be like the airstep sandals from Magic of the Incarnum page 55.
    “While worn, the airstep sandals allow you to fl y up to 10
    feet (good maneuverability) as a move action once per round.
    You must end the flight solidly supported or you fall.”
    Not sure what else to say on that note.
    Can you take a move action while falling though?

REPLY: Why is anything called anything lol I don’t know! I tossed a name on it because in my mind it looked like a sphere of windy goodness. What about Tempest Shell?
    Well, it's just the term is both multi-element based (water, air and light) based and has a notorious history of what it can do in terms of table top gaming.

Spoiler
    Show
    REPLY: The earth eruption pops up (out down or out depending on where your source is) and attempts to stop the effect and immediately
    Then how does it block multiple effects if you can only ever use it once per round?

Do fires even have size categories?
    REPLY: Not sure. But I added examples and if that’s not good enough I will go into further detail somehow.
    I'd just specify size of flame in terms like "bonfire", "camp fire", "torch" etc. Objects that you can quantify easily as a player and DM.

-Snip-
    May I suggest having half the damage from Immolate and Fire Mantle become untyped at higher hit dice? It'd help mitigate how weak fire damage is while leaving the feat to just boost it to help completely ignore the Fire Resistance.

REPLY ::insert evil laughter:: Yessss… this worked exactly as I had planned. Soon the answer to this question shall be revealed… sooooon.
    Plugging some future homebrew?

REPLY: Please clarify which ones are herp derp. It all makes sense to me (since I’m the originator of the thought that makes sense) and I took out the dead levels.
    • The Eidolon ability doesn't really say what it does very clearly, except that you get more Evolution points and the reason for that isn't explained either.
    • How Absorbing Ally works isn't really explained and the distance it works at is a little vague (when you say reach do you mean it's attack range or...?).
    • While not one of the one's I originally meant, you need to change Ride the Arcana since a Planar Sibling could now have no innate energy resistance.
    • Greater Absorbing Ally looks like a reprint of Absorbing Ally with "ally" in place of summoner. This leads to the ability potentially being useless or just confusing to implement if the creature has no innate energy resistances or and energy descriptor or if they have more than one. And what do you mean by "if the ally is the summon"?

-Snip-
    Ok, now I understand how it works. But no offense meant, it's kind of a useless feat, especially in a case where it could take close to 10 turns to matter.

I'd personally just change the feat so that it allows any spell, spell-like ability or supernatural effect used by the Fire nafairi that deals Fire damage to have half it's damage changed to untyped. I know your other feats are keyed off of the different nafairi's specific aspects and on improving them...but...yeah, Fire damage is a gods awful choice.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-08-24 at 08:11 PM.