Quote Originally Posted by Lictor of Thrax View Post
I don't even think they'd have to add anything, considering that specialties seem to do that already.
You could base it off specialties, but the major difference between them is, specialties remove all choice from taking feats in the first place so there does not need to be prerequisites as it's all planned out for you. Now if they expanded it so that we get maybe 14 or more feats in a specialty so there is choice in what we pick in a specialty that'd be something.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
For spells, I think the 3.X spell descriptors would be a better existing system to split things up with. Like, Fireball would require that you know at least one [Fire] spell each of second level and of first level. Maybe give different spells from same schools a "discount", like Lightning Bolt only requires one lower-level [Electricity] spell, of first or second level, if you know other Evocation spells of each second and first level, because you have some practice casting Evocations and some casting Electricity spells, so you combine your knowledge and "skip" some of the Electricity training.
Honestly, while I suppose if they made a wide, wide verity of spells all about fire, I think it would be easier to just make it based off the schools, maybe add one or two more. And honestly, it's also a way to force specialization of spells. So in any case, I like that.