1. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5th Editon Discussion: 6th thread and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    But the idea from 5th to add casting stat to damage is a neat idea.
    I'm not convinced that's the case. The rules seem to imply that, but the spell description and sample characters don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    On prerequisites: I can say this, taking an option at level-up you aren't interested in just so you can qualify for something you want later isn't fun. It actually kinda sucks considering you basically walk out of that level with no new shiny toys, it's bad for the same reasons dead levels are bad.
    I would agree whole completely. Balancing costs via prerequisites is a terrible idea(for an example, see Exalted). The only reason one feat should require another is if a)it's an improved version of the first one, or b)the ability doesn't make sense unless they have the other feat first. In 3.x, Cleave requiring power attack or mobility requiring dodge was silly, the abilities are unrelated, but Great Cleave requiring Cleave, or Spring Attack requiring Mobility made sense(don't get me started on Whirlwind Attack).

If a feat is too powerful to just offer outright, make a weaker version of it.
    Last edited by TheOOB; 2012-08-26 at 12:49 AM.
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion