Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
I'm with Grif on this one. If they do give Dash a girlfriend, which I'm not against in the slightest, then it'll probably be the whole Derpy fiasco all over again. Only this time it'll be 10K x worse, & they may be forced to edit/cancel a good episode. If somepony gets really pissed, the entire show may be cancelled.
Yeah I'd have to agree with you on that one we don't want anything anywhere close to that happening again. I would love to Dash show a little lesbianism though.

Why can't the world just love and tolerate. Oh well, as much as we'd all love to see our shippings and fanfics come true it's probably never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
This. So much this.

Even if Hasbro and the writers steer away from giving the Mane 6 boyfriend/girlfriends, nodding to some of the background ponies relationships would be nice. Maybe an episode where Bon Bon is looking for the perfect anniversary present for Lyra [the answer is pants], where the focus is less on "look, they are lesbians woo!" and more on "these two ponies love each other and have a strong healthy relationship, albeit they happen to be both female."
Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
Well, maybe they could do it in the final season, when it's already been decided to not continue the series. Not bloody likely, of course.

I guess I'd just love to see the world go up in flames like that, it would be awesome. People need controversy, a good kick in the values every now and then. And I don't think the show would have to shut down, actually. It'd lose some, but also gain some. It wouldn't be win-win, but it would definitely gain respect and publicity.

Of course, again, Hasbro has no interest in that sort of publicity, I'm sure.
Perhaps.