1. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    You're not "stuck". Either you've asked them out and been knocked back, in which case they're not interested in you and you need to deal with it and move on (which, yes, sucks, but you're not "stuck", you just need to learn how to deal with rejection), or you haven't made your move, in which case chances are they're not even aware of your interest and you need to either get on with it or decide you're not going to and move on (which, yes, can be scary or difficult, but you're not "stuck", you just need to make a decision). Either way, you're not "trapped in teh Friend Zone!"; the resolution lies in YOUR hands, not theirs, and the only one "keeping you there" is yourself.
    The point I think that is trying to be made is that the relationship the rejected person wants cannot move forward without both parties agreeing to move forward. That won't happen if the uninterested party has said "But I like you too much as a friend!"

Can the uninterested friend change his/her mind? Yes. But, if the uninterested friend implies that he/she may change his/her mind in order to squeeze out a few more favors from the interested friend (this has happened to me with a few manipulative women) then the uninterested friend is just as in the wrong as the interested friend.

Being single when you are desperately attracted to a person that does not return your feelings is really tough. It's a similar feeling to your significant other breaking up with you (and you don't feel anger towards the other person.)
    Last edited by Logic; 2012-08-28 at 04:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.