Quote Originally Posted by 1337 b4k4 View Post
You probably aren't going to see anything like that for at least a year. They've already stated that they expect to be about 2 years before this is ready and given how vital it is that the core is right to ensure the modules can work, most of that time is going to have to be spent on the core system. I blame this general frustration (which I've seen expressed elsewhere) on Google and other companies which have turned the phrase "beta test" into "Try our buggy first release of this software, and then don't get mad at us for problems because we told you its a beta". Real testing is a long and slow slog of a process, where you often find yourself while in the middle thinking that you aren't making any progress, until one day you find yourself close to the end and you look at all you created and built behind you and you ask "When did I make a finished product?" Given that they expect this to take 2 years, and that they've let us in on this process so early, I really have to believe that what we are seeing is honestly what they have (more or less, obviously we're not privy to all the internal discussions and documents). Modularity is the goal, but they don't have it yet because it isn't ready. This isn't just a marketing stunt, this is real testing.
True enough. And there are still things within the current build that I've yet to give feedback on. I'd just really like to see something that makes the system distinct or compelling, that differentiates it from other RPGs.