Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
Logged on today to play with the new patch. Most of the stuff that bugged the crap out of me was addon related...
The only thing stopping me from streaming some dungeons or raids right now is the addons not ready yet. Once they are back up and good to go I will be significantly more active.

The biggest change that actually really bugged me is that I went from having 2 aoe damage spells to 0.
You lost Prayer of Healing? As Disc? Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
So, can somebody explain to me how this warlock tank thing works?
It doesn't. Anyone saying it does is trolling you.

You can however do what we call "Hail Mary Pass" Tanking. Boss has just a smidge of health left, you pop all your survival, pet tanks followed by you tanking, to buy the rest of the team another 5-10 seconds to kill the boss with.
Rogues call it Evasion Tanking. They can reliably pull off about 10-15 seconds, healing output not withstanding.
It's also refered to as a Chimaeron Last Stand.

Stag form's awesome. Incarnation's awesome. Then there's those minor glyphs. Orca form, treant form... All awesome.
I am entirely convinced that Druids managed to net the most and arguably the best changes. So many quality of life changes, some amazing new visual stuff, a few quirky toys, and some amazing tools. And as far as talents and glyphs go, most of them were rolled into our abilities automatically. Which is awesome. We really lost very little.

Spoilers below are just for length.

I'm sad to see a few tools go missing from Resto.
Spoiler
Show

Insect Swarm being one, but I'm not so miffed about that, as now I only need to apply one DoT if I want to help out, not two.
Thorns is another, but it usually just went on the tanks as often as I could spare the GCD when the cooldown came up. It actually contributed rather a lot of damage on trash packs and in most dungeons or add-heavy boss phases.
Not having a choice between Healing Mushrooms and Damaging Mushrooms kind of bothers me. It means that Druids don't really get a 'skill shot' sort of ability, but then again, the damage from mushrooms while in Resto wasn't major, so that's probably why it went away. Oh well, I get an excellent burst/AoE healing tool, so I'm not really all that bothered.
No Rage button to get a quick dose of rage, no built in Bear Stun anymore. It only came up on one fight in particular for me, namely Heroic Ragnaros, but it was fun to take advantage of.
Ursol's Vortex, the graphic is very small when compared to the actual area of effect. That will take a bit of getting used to.

Stuff I am excited about?
Spoiler
Show

-One button pushes for lots of my tools which require shapeshifting. It's like they are trying to make shapeshifting more relevant again. Glyph of Shapeshifting as a Major Glyph actually kind of makes sense now.
-Ursol's Vortex + Typhoon. As a Resto Druid, this means I now have to learn more than just pushing buttons to keep people alive. I now have to learn to snare and knockback mobs whenever we need that (there are a LOT of fights where add control/kiting is a big deal, all coming up in MoP), and basically gives me another way to help contribute to my raid.
-Healing Mushrooms are easier to place, and Detonate/Bloom is off the GCD now. Healing at 85, it looks pretty decent, but you HAVE to think ahead with these. I personally would aim for 3 mushrooms every 20 seconds at first.
-Ironbark and Barkskin. Pain Suppression for Druids, + Self Pain Suppression for Druids. And they stack!
-Stag form lets you cast Typhoon, Ursol's Vortex, and probably a few more.

@PvP Talents
Spoiler
Show

Well, actually, they aren't. Encounter design for PvE has been stand there, do job, avoid fire, stand still, continue. PvP has always been about mobility. Now PvE is having mobility be far more relevant. Being an uber-mobile class but having very few encounters which took advantage of that mobility seemed rather odd, now I get to put that knowledge (of how to move and heal and do other things all at once) to actual use. And so is every other class, rather than being so incredibly bound to standing still to do something.
Anyone who doesn't see the value in some of these talents, truthfully does not know their class very well. No really.
This also pokes a rather large hole in the arguement that they are 'watering down' the classes with the new talent system. If anything, there is much more for each class to learn how to do correctly. Sure, you can pat your head really well, and you might even be able to rub your tummy from time to time. But can you do both, well, all the time, and still have the coordination and teamwork with your friends? The decisions are far more important than they have ever been, each choice is relevant, and as fars as PvE goes, they are situational and fluid.

/excited = off
/rant = off