Turn Unthread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixt View Post
Here, watch this

EXTREME SPOILERS!

That will tell you a lot about what is going on.

This one as well
Funny enough, I'd already seen those, and they not only got more confusing going from Japanese with English Translations to English, but they still leave behind so many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Burley View Post
Yeah, not sure what the reasoning behind it is, but I noticed that my Dark-based attacks did, easily, three times more damage than my Light-based attacks (as seen using Shadowbreaker). OH WELL!
On the original topic, here's what I've pieced together:
(Spoilers from multiple games...)
Cool beans.

Spoiler
Show
What makes Sora special is his ability to somehow connect to other people's hearts. A couple characters in KH3D even comment on how bland Sora is, except for that one ability. We see this come into play in KH1, when Xehanort first comes to Destiny Islands and Sora absorbs Kairi's heart with a big ol' ghost hug.
I always thought Kairi's heart going into his was just because they love each other, not because Sora's a symbiote...

Since KH3D drops some knowledge that Xehanort had been planning things around Sora for a long time, it stands to reason that there is a connection between Ventus/Vanitas/Sora/Roxas, all stemming from Xehanort messing with their hearts.

We know that Vanitas was created by removing the darkness from Ven's heart. Most likely, to create a complete heart, he removed the darkness from Sora's, as well. This explains why Vanitas looks like Sora. The reason, I'm assuming (and was hoping would be backed up in KH3D, but was not confirmed or denied) was that the vacuum created in the two hearts is what drew them together in the first place.
Going a bit more into the whole ability to connect to people thing, it was that when Ventus reached out to Sora's newborn heart after having his darkness split in half, Vanitas was also able to plug in. Xehanort and them were manipulating Sora in this Dream World, but I don't think he actually did anything to Sora when Sora was first born. He probably discovered them after the fact, roaming about Destiny Islands.

This is most likely the reason that Roxas looks like Ven.
Actually your next point kinda hits on my thoughts about this.

Finally, KH3D explains that even Nobodies can eventually regrow their heart, especially when they are reminded enough what it was like to have one. (Another reason why saying a Nobody is heartless is wrong. )
I wonder... Sora had Ventus' heart within him since Vanitas' defeat. When Sora removed his Heart from his Body, and since Nobodies can possibly regain their hearts (assuming Xemnas isn't lying his ass off to manipulate Sora further), what if Sora still had his heart, but Roxas had Ventus' heart? And then Xion gained Sora's essence through the memories being taken from him, halting his revival?

Does this make any sense?

Also, let's not forget that, during KH3D, Riku is inside the sleeping Sora's heart. That may be enough time, I think, to count Riku as one of the many people inside Sora.
And Alex said he'd go in after Riku if he got traped inside... though I don't think Riku fully counts, since he's also his own full identity and he's been that way for a while. If Sora were to die, he wouldn't be completely screwed from it. Vanitas, Ventus, Xion, Roxas, they'd be in trouble if something happened to Sora, on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
So I have a question, during most of KH2, before he fuses back with Roxas anyway, was Sora some strange mutant form of heartless that retained its mind and didn't have any of the crazyness seen in other heartless, or would all heartless like things(Sora, Ansem Seeker of Darkness) just kinda keep doing what they did before becoming heartless?

The question is Sora being some weird heartless unique or would all human shaped heartless act like they did in life?
Sora was actually a Heartless (I suppose technically an Emblem Heartless, even though he was in Shadow Form) for a few minutes in Kingdom Hearts 1. Kairi was able to restore him to his natural form, though in this form he's still technically a Heartless. The essence that is his Body, the Nobody, Roxas, came into being at the time Sora stabed himself, and remained in existance until Diz, Riku, and Namine's efforts put him back into Sora. Sora at this point is a full being again.

At the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, Roxas, sensing Axel's demise, stirs within Sora. That part of his Heart challenges him.... Ven's Heart got strong enough to challenge Sora's Heart, over being choosen by the Keyblade, and still longing for the life he once had! Snap... I kinda like that theory.

But anyway, Sora fuzed back with Roxas near the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2, just after the prologue ended. Roxas just got a bit stir crazy near the end, but went back willingly, only coming out again to say hi to Namine. Sora was complete the second he got out of that pod.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
Ah, a KH thread. exactly what I needed. While browsing around bored and waiting for my 3D to arrive, I came across this (warning, contains spoilers for the whole series, albeit only slightly), and I HAD to share it with people who know the series. I find it to be hilarious.
Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
That's been linked to this thread already, but it is fun.
Indeed. Though it needs to be updated to include Coded, and now 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
As for Sora, I'm not sure, but I believe that Sora did have a body after his restoration from being a shadow. That whole event was very confusing, and not all the effects from that have likely come to light yet.
I kinda assumed his "body" was a body in the same way that Ansem Seeker of Darkness had a body, mainly that its a weird construct of their heart or something.
I don't like using the actual words for it and then remarking on the corporialness of the not body and body, especially when case-in-point Ansem Seeker of Darkness infact did not have his body, having traded it to grant his youngerself Time/Space Travel Abilities.

I think it's better to think of the Heart and the Body as essences, with one needing both to be recognisable as a complete being. Once can still have a physical body and lack the essence of a body (like Sora and ASoD (before time travel)), and one can exist without the essence of a Heart (like our various nobody friends). Sora went without the essence of a Body for a while, but he still existed.

Or am I horribly horribly wrong?

Crud. the one time I don't bother reading 2 pages... typical.

As for Sora and the whole heart/body thingamajig, I was under the impression that bodies in KHLand are kinda ethereal. Dunno how I came to that conclusion, but that's what I took away. This would explain the "bodies" of the heartless and nobodies, and their dissolving after death.
Have we seen villains whose bodies aren't dissolved after death? It'd probably be helpful if we had more people fighting without a keyblade, since it's sorta designed to be able to manipulate the body/heart/universe...

I think the heartless part is more the heart makes an ethereal shell out of its own darkness/maybelight? and when destroyed the shell reforms elsewhere or the heart just goes to join kingdom hearts or wherever hearts waiting for the nobody to bite it wait.

Nobodies I think would kinda do the same thing only its more the body becomes ethereal without a heart or something. Chances are they just wait in limbo when they die.
This series got horrifying some time down the road....