Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
Rowan Cabin

"Hmm, okay. That makes sense, even if the last bit seems a little unnecessary for everyday use. Well, on second thought it helps ensure that you can do it consistently." She finishes her cake. "Nice cake. So, we start by you switching me a couple times so that I know what I'm trying to do?"

Main Cabin

Copi will simply try to slip past the group there and into the kitchen. No point messing with them, everyone has their own problems.
Rowan Cabin

"Thank you. It'll start with me switching you, but the stress test is the more important part. If you want to switch into "powered" mode, you're probably going to be in trouble. Besides, doing a stress test the first time puts some urgency to it that, without it, means you might never get it down because you can't focus or your brain is being lazy." Because let's face it, the brain does exactly as much work as it feels it can get away with. If it thought you grew gills and no longer needed your lungs, it'd shut them down just so it didn't have to concentrate on them.

But lazy brains aside, Julie steadies herself when she gets to this next part, "When I learned this from my brother, my aversion was pain. When I taught it to Eric, I tried embarrassing him. I learned some things from that, and where not to go, but I want your word that once we start this you're going to see it through to the end. I felt horrible putting Eric through what I did to get him to learn even though some good came out of it, and I'd feel worse if I did it to you and it was all for nothing."