Rowan Cabin

"Alright then, we'll start with the switching, and I'll do it as many times as you think is necessary before we move on to the unpleasant part. You can tell me, during this part at least, if you need to take a break and reflect on things. Once you're sure you have a hold on the feeling, you can tell me to start on the next."

Julie raises a hand towards Kate as she takes one last bite of her cake chewing slowly, swallowing, and breathing out before going to work.

Kate will feel herself slide without moving, back into a form that by now is more familiar. It starts with her legs losing all sensation from the shins down, and her wings are suddenly against the back of the couch she's flopped on, as if they were always there. It seems to fold in on her from all of her extremities at once, like a soap bubble that she was floating in popping, and covering her in liquid weird.

And then Julie works in reverse, and it's just as odd. No pressure on her back from wings and tail, no HUD going haywire for moments as it adjusts to no longer being in stasis, and no more subtle air currents making her antennae twitch.

And then again, back and forth, slowly back and forth, until Kate signals her to stop for whatever reason.